|Festival of Fantasy Parade|
Disney's Festival of Fantasy Parade presents these stories through a spectacle fleet of fantastical floats. The parade reflects the hard, creative work of Parade Designer Richard Improta, Creative Director Steven Davison and Managing Producer Kris Bunner. Many others have contributed to the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade. Mark Hammond, whose previous work includes Disney California Adventure’s World of Color and Hong Kong Disneyland’s Flights of Fantasy Parade, designed the musical score. Mirena Rada, who has previously worked on projects for Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, and Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, designed the costumes.
On February 10, 2014, Walt Disney World rolled out the red carpet to show off the latest elaborate costume creations for their upcoming Festival of Fantasy parade, debuting next month. With a backdrop of three of the new giant-sized floats, Disney sent parade performers walking the “catwalk” backstage behind the Magic Kingdom to unveil costumes inspired by films.
- Princess Garden: This pageantry of princesses celebrates Disney royalty. Cinderella, Tiana, and Belle accompanied by their respective princes, ride in a garden of topiaries with woodland creatures, birds, and more. Cinderella’s dress playfully twirls like a turntable, while Swan Court couples lead the 50-foot-long majestic float, capped off with a special appearance by Anna and Elsa the Snow Queen. This float was recycled from Tokyo Disneyland's former daytime parade Jubilation!.
- Tangled Unit: Based on the 2010 animated film. A massive long ship on the high seas showcases Flynn Rider and Rapunzel in search of adventure and another Best. Day. Ever! Rapunzel’s iconic tresses weave throughout this 36-foot-long float decked out with swaying pendulums carrying dastardly thugs.
- The Little Mermaid Unit: Based on the 1989 animated film. Princess Ariel and her friends sit atop a colorfully kinetic seashell music box that boasts an enchanting musical jubilee. There’s no shortage of whimsy on this Under the Sea float with conga dancing fish kicking up their fins and bubbles galore. Shimmering fabrics and intricately designed costumes for the Lion Fish, Coral Fish, Seashell, and Sea Horse performers are runway-inspired.
- Peter Pan Unit: Based on the 1953 animated film. Straight from Neverland come Peter Pan and Wendy Darling soaring high aboard the famous Jolly Roger pirate ship complete with smoke effects and special surprises. A rainbow arch shines over Skull Rock and Tinkerbell nestled among giant flowers, while Captain Hook takes center stage on a swinging anchor. “Newsies-inspired” Lost Boys kick up their heels to high-energy choreography, with Tick-Tock the Crocodile from Mickey's Boo-to-You Halloween Parade in pursuit.
- Brave Unit: Based on the 2012 Disney and Pixar film. Celtic couples and a vessel shaped like an enormous bagpipe announce the arrival of Merida perched high on her majestic crown. Scottish dancers step to melodies of the Great Highlands in celebration.
- Sleeping Beauty Unit: Based on the 1959 animated film. The heroic Prince Phillip battles a Steampunk-inspired Dragon as the wicked Maleficent. This float stretches 53 feet in length and 26 feet tall with a prickly spinning wheel dead center of the float. With fiery eyes and glowing effects the spectacular dragon was built on an articulating chassis allowing the float to bend and flex as it moves along the parade route – a first for Disney parades. This float was designed in a partnership with Tony Award-winner Michael Curry. There’s Prince Phillip, thorn-inspired stilt performers, dramatic raven dancers, plus the three good fairies, Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather glide along the parade route. The Dragon float has a twin at Disneyland Park (Paris)'s daytime parade Disney Stars on Parade.
- Finale & Mickey’s Airship: The parade culminates with a 90-foot-long magical caravan of characters featuring Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Pinocchio, Dumbo, and Alice in Wonderland. Pluto and more in a splashy carnival of color. There’s Pegasus horses, Ostriches, Hippos, Elephants, and Alligators from Fantasia, also the sassy Bubble Girls with cotton-candy-like hair celebrating Storybook Circus in New Fantasyland. This float was recycled from Tokyo Disneyland's former daytime parade Jubilation!. Sporting zany new costumes Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse sit sky high in Mickey’s Airship — a giant hot air balloon that rounds out.
- Theme song: "Festival of Fantasy"
- Other songs featured:
- OPENING / PRINCESSES UNIT
- "Beauty and the Beast" / "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" / "For the First Time in Forever" & "Let it Go" (replaced "Once Upon a Dream" since May 1, 2014)
- TANGLED UNIT
- "I've Got a Dream" / "When Will My Life Begin"
- THE LITTLE MERMAID UNIT
- "Kiss the Girl" / "Part of that World" / "Under the Sea"
- PETER PAN UNIT
- "A Pirate's Life" / "You Can Fly!" / "The Elegant Captain Hook" / "The Second Star to the Right" / "Following the Leader"
- BRAVE UNIT
- "Remember to Smile" / "Fate and Destiny" / "Touch the Sky"
- SLEEPING BEAUTY UNIT
- "A Cottage in the Woods" / "Battle With the Forces of Evil" / "Hail to the Princess Aurora" / "Once Upon a Dream"
- FINALE UNIT
- "Mickey Mouse Club March" / "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" / "When You Wish Upon a Star" / "I've Got No Strings" / "Whistle While You Work" / "When I See an Elephant Fly"
- OPENING / PRINCESSES UNIT
- Pixar Play Parade
- Dreaming Up!
- Disney Stars on Parade
- Flights of Fantasy Parade
- Mickey's Storybook Express
Template:Beauty and the Beast Template:Cinderella Template:The Princess and the Frog Template:Frozen Template:Tangled Template:The Little Mermaid Template:Peter Pan Template:Brave Template:Sleeping Beauty Template:Snow White Template:Pinocchio Template:Fantasia Template:Dumbo Template:Alice in Wonderland